Monday, March 06, 2006

The Breath before the Plunge

Hello! Can't post long, just have to let everyone know that I won't be on for a week, because our whole family is taking an electronics fast for this week. It's been coming on for a while now, but was announced today. The Oscars were like the last bash before the plug is pulled (at least for a week).

And on a sidenote, who is ecstatic that Brokeback Mountain didn't win Best Picture!? C'mon, it may have gotten every other one, but it didn't get the big one. That's got to be God. But P&P didn't even get Best Original Score OR Art Direction. How phony is that? I didn't mention the costumes because I didn't like them, but I LOVED the look of the movie and the music. LOVED the music. But must go now and get some SLEEP.

See y'all later!

(It's alright, I was born in Texas, I can say y'all. It's like, my birthright. Only I may have given it up by not liking Mexican food. Or spicy anything for that matter...hmmm.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Hi! You commented on my blog a while back, and I had been meaning to respond but life has been crazy. I think it's cool that you are going on an electronics fast - my family gives up all tv, movies, and videogames for lent. It's actually amazing how much I'm getting done while I'm home.

I haven't seen the new Pride and Prejudice yet. I am a big fan of the Olivier/Garson one and the six hour one and I am not a big Kiera Knightley fan so I had my reservations, but I have heard mostly positive things. I just saw Sense and Sensibility with Hugh Grant for the first time and loved it.

Also, P.G. Wodehouse is definitely the greatest! :)

10:23 PM  
Blogger quirkychild said...

Hey, nice seeing you!

I know, it was weird, seeing how much more there was to do without electronics.

I've never seen the Olivier/Garson version actually...hmmm...now I have to.

Sense and Sensibilty! We used to have that...Emma Thompson is wonderful, but I liked her more in Much Ado About Nothing, but Alan Rickman was great as Colnel Brandon.

And three cheers for Wodehouse!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

She's back! Huzzah.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home