Monday, January 30, 2006

Tagged!

I was recently reading Rabenstrange's blog and was surprised to find my name at the bottom. It was in a list of names that had been "tagged". And after figuring out what that meant (I'm a green blogger), I have attempted to fill out that survey as follows:

My Only Real Jobs

Babysitting (The only people who don't think this counts have never baby-sat.)

Writing for our local newspaper. (Their teen columnist left for college, and they sent out the call for new teen writers, and got so many replies they made a whole new section. So now I write articles for it once a month.)

Being homeschooled (At least my Mom thinks this is my real job. )

Movies I could watch over and over

The Winslow Boy. This is a lovely film, by David Mamet of all people, (it's G rated, I promise) based on a Britsh play and it has a very British premise. A young boy is expelled from military school because he supposedly stole sixpence from another boy. He gives his word he didn't, and his outraged
family hires famous lawyer to take the case and sues the government.

It sounds boring, I know, but the real story is in the character's lives. The arrogant lawyer (played by Jeremy Northam), The suffragette daughter, the long suffering mother and the father who is wonderfully played by Nigel Hawthorne. It also has one of the best ending scenes. Just trust me and go see it.

The Princess Bride . Does this even need an introduction? A side-splitting parody of swashbucklers of old, somewhat reminiscent of Mel Brooks. Full of quotable lines, if you haven't heard "Inconcievable!" or "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." than you are hereby ordered to go out and see it now.

Star Wars IV: A New Hope. My personal favorite of the Star Wars. Classic, classic, classic. The trio of Luke Han and Leia and all the accompanying banter is the best in this movie. It's Star Wars for Pete's sake! You don't need a reason for liking it!

Finding Nemo. I heart Pixar. I love their smart comedy, and their beautiful animation. And this movie is their best so far. The Incredibles was good, but this is the best. "You so totally rock, dude!"

Pride and Prejudice. Yes, it's a mini-series. But it's worth it. And you've heard about this already so I won't say anything more about it.

Scaramouche. Okay. Nobody had better laugh. I mean it. This is a hopelessly cheesy old swashbuckler, with Stewart Granger and Mel Ferrer and Janet Leigh. It's the kind of movie you don't tell anyone you like, it's that embarressing. But that doesn't mean it's not a good movie, the sets are great, the costumes are over the top, it's nothing but high drama, but well acted high drama. Basically it's a good movie, but one you will be laughed at for liking.

Places I've lived

I was born in Texas, moved when I was seven to Illinois, did a two year stint in Finland, because of my Dad's job. Yes, Finland, as in over seas, the one next to Russia. It's a beautiful country and lots of them speak English. I would highly recommend it.

But now I live in Illinois.

TV shows I watch

Stargate Sg-1 and Stargate Atlantis. I used to watch these every week, but I haven't in a while...they're good series, sci-fi and everything. The only thing is that the writers can't write 'ship to save their lives. It's aggravating to see the wrong people getting thrown together...

The Apprentice and The Amazing Race. Heh. I watched them when they were on...

Jeeves and Wooster. This TV series isn't on air anymore, but it's absolutely wonderful. Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry star as the bungling Bertie Wooster and his valet Jeeves respectively. I actually got my family hooked on P.G. Wodehouse this way. And that's something.

Yes Minister, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, and all that great British stuff. Just one comment: British comedy ROCKS! Go find some episodes of these and just try not to go around talking in a Britsh accent.

Places my family vacations

Lots of places. My Mom just likes to take trips. Last summer we went to Lancaster, Pennsylvania with my grandparents, then went up to Bethany Beach , Delaware. I'm not huge on traveling though. I like my comfy home.

Websites I frequent

I go to a couple blogs on blogger.com...sometimes to lotrplaza.com, ummm...not tons of different places. Imdb.com is a cool site. And pluggedinonline.com for good Christian movie reviews. Otherwise not very many places.

Foods I like

Mmmmm...I like food. Fettucini Alfredo with Chicken (but not broccoli) is a guilty pleasure, also fondly known as "Heart Attack on a Plate". Chicken I like. A lot. Meat, is a good thing. Noodles, I am also fond of. Oh, yes, I mustn't forget, FRENCH TOAST. WITH REAL SYRUP. NOT THAT MAPLE JUNK.

My Mother, has a thing about whole wheat. And maple syrup. It just doesn't work on french toast. Prepare yourself for something terrible, I only get Mrs. Butterworth's wonderfully artificial, sickeningly sugary, ambrosia of a syrup on my birthday. As in, Once a Year. *sigh*

Well, that was a cool survey. Who to tag? I think I 'll tag: Hayley J, jolene*marie and christy. I think that's everyone who has commented on my blog except for Rabenstrange himself. So if you are reading this and your name is on the list, consider yourself tagged!

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Three cheers for Blackadder!

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Jo*Marie said...

haha thanks for the tag. I'll post before Florida.

7:40 PM  
Blogger quirkychild said...

"I have a cunning plan..." :-)

Rowan Atkinson and Hugh Laurie on the same screen is love. The third or fourth series is my favorite.

Awww thanks Jo! You've been so nice to post on here since the beginning...hope you have a great time in Florida! I hope to read about your Disney experiences on your blog!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Rowan Atkinson - totally rocks, dude! (said with a british accent - not some attrocious french accent *wink*) *giggle* I love that stuff. *thumbsup*
And babysitting is hard work!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home